1) Breakfast in bed. Just the act of placing a meal on a tray is a delightful flourish in itself. But then silently carrying it up the stairs, balancing it carefully as you ease back into bed and enjoy the meal is such a cosy position is a real joy. I love making little moments stand out. After all, it was only breakfast.
2) Organising stuff. Today has been the perfect drizzly Sunday to get certain things in order. I filed away the last of the Uni work, added some items on eBay (zero insertion fees!) and organised my thread boxes. Call me crazy, but I find jobs like that really satisfying.
3) Taking a walk in the sunshine. I know the clouds have rolled over today, but the recent sunshine isn’t a distant memory just yet. In this country, we have to enjoy nice weather when we can and cross our fingers that it comes back. I look forward to wearing my dresses sans tights again soon.
4) Taking a walk in the rain. Time with my chap is so special. Even though my clothes were damp by the time I arrived at work, the walk into town with my beloved, both of us huddled under an umbrella was heart warming.
5) Reading a book. I am one meeting away from being officially “free from Uni” and a whole heap of free time is soon to be unlocked. I shall keep up with my writing, naturally, but there will still be free periods where I can curl up under a blanket and read. I’ve already started writing down my reading list, listing books I want to have read by September.
Best of all, my five chosen activities don’t cost a penny. It’s the smallest things that make me feel so content. Here’s hoping your Sunday was equally as pleasant.